Valley of Fire Photography Workshop 2017
Valley of Fire State Park offers the best sandstone in the Southwest and is only an hour drive from Las Vegas, NV. This photography workshop will include field sessions in some of the most colorful and bizarre desert locations in the Southwest. With Joseph Rossbach as your instructor you will receive ample one-on-one instruction in the field as well as spirited critiques and post processing training.
Dates: January 27-30, 2017
Instructors: Joseph Rossbach
North Shore Inn
- Address: 520 N Moapa Valley Blvd, Overton, NV 89040
- Phone:(702) 397-6000
Transportation, meals and lodging are not included in the cost!
Easy. Most locations are close to roads and parking lots w/ some scrambling down hills to reach certain locations.
Jan. 27 - 12 noon meet and greet followed by 2 hour presentation on composition, light and essential equipment. Sunset field session.
Jan. 28 - Sunrise/morning field session. 12 noon - 2pm post processing techniques (Lightroom). afternoon/sunset field session.
Jan. 29 - Sunrise/morning field session. 12 noon - 2pm post processing techniques (Photoshop). afternoon/sunset field session.
Jan.30 - Sunrise/morning field session. 12 noon - 2pm Class Critiques. afternoon/sunset field session.
- Quality, professional, 1-on-1 photography instruction on par with your level as a photographer
- 6-8 hours per day of in-field shooting and instruction
- Water and snacks throughout the workshop
- A fun, positive, interactive learning environment
- Small class size of 10 students maximum
- Aperture, Shutter Speed, and ISO
- Metering and getting a correct exposure
- Histograms, how to read them, and how to fine-tune exposure
- Creative depth-of-field effects using aperture control
- White balance and creative coloration
- Creating perspective, depth, and a sense of "being there" in your photos
- Creating powerful compositions with impact
- Composing to control your viewer's attention in your photos
- Compositional Balance, Tension, and Visual Flow
- How to use filters to capture dramatic light or create long-exposure effects
- A Digital SLR
- Sturdy tripod
- Wide-angle lens
- Normal Zoom lens
- Circular polariser
- ND Grads, Solid ND's, ect..
- Telephoto lens
- Shutter release
- Lens cloths
- Photo backpack
- Trekking poles
- Waterproof outer layers
- Warm clothes
- Walking boots
- Laptop loaded with Lightroom & Photoshop