North Shore Inn
- Address: 520 N Moapa Valley Blvd, Overton, NV 89040
- Phone:(702) 397-6000
Transportation, meals and lodging are not included in the cost!
Easy. Most locations are close to roads and parking lots w/ some scrambling down hills to reach certain locations.
Jan. 27 - 12 noon meet and greet followed by 2 hour presentation on composition, light and essential equipment. Sunset field session.
Jan. 28 - Sunrise/morning field session. 12 noon - 2pm post processing techniques (Lightroom). afternoon/sunset field session.
Jan. 29 - Sunrise/morning field session. 12 noon - 2pm post processing techniques (Photoshop). afternoon/sunset field session.
Jan.30 - Sunrise/morning field session. 12 noon - 2pm Class Critiques. afternoon/sunset field session.
- Quality, professional, 1-on-1 photography instruction on par with your level as a photographer
- 6-8 hours per day of in-field shooting and instruction
- Water and snacks throughout the workshop
- A fun, positive, interactive learning environment
- Small class size of 10 students maximum
- Aperture, Shutter Speed, and ISO
- Metering and getting a correct exposure
- Histograms, how to read them, and how to fine-tune exposure
- Creative depth-of-field effects using aperture control
- White balance and creative coloration
- Creating perspective, depth, and a sense of "being there" in your photos
- Creating powerful compositions with impact
- Composing to control your viewer's attention in your photos
- Compositional Balance, Tension, and Visual Flow
- How to use filters to capture dramatic light or create long-exposure effects
- A Digital SLR
- Sturdy tripod
- Wide-angle lens
- Normal Zoom lens
- Circular polariser
- ND Grads, Solid ND's, ect..
- Telephoto lens
- Shutter release
- Lens cloths
- Photo backpack
- Trekking poles
- Waterproof outer layers
- Warm clothes
- Walking boots
- Laptop loaded with Lightroom & Photoshop