Grand Teton Autumn Workshop
- Dates: September 20-23, 2017
- Location: Jackson Hole, Wyoming
- Cost: 1295.00
- Deposit: 300.00
- Limited: 5 participants
- Instructors: Joseph Rossbach
Grand Teton National Park and the Teton Range have some of the most dramatic scenery in the Rocky Mountains as well as prolific, photogenic wildlife. Late-September brings vibrant fall color to the area’s aspens and cottonwoods as well as moose and elk in rut. With Joe as your guide and instructor, this four-day workshop will bring this magnificent national park to life before your lens.
During this workshop, Joe will teach a variety of techniques that will allow you to advance both your technical skills and artistic vision. We focus on a number of professional field techniques to help you create dramatic and powerful nature images, including working with dramatic light, including sunrise and sunset; the fundamentals of powerful compositions; and abstract techniques for creating artistic photographs. We’ll also teach you professional “digital darkroom” secrets and explore a number of artistic philosophies that will help you find your own personal vision.
- Gain a strong technical foundation in outdoor photography
- Learn the importance of “seeing the light”
- Learn how to use filters
- Composition and Design
- Advanced field techniques
- Explore and photograph one of the most geologically unique areas in North America
- Photograph sunrise and sunset among red sandstone arches, spires and canyons
- Bring your images to life using Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop
- Get individualized instruction and critique in the field as well as classroom
September 20: Meet & greet beginning at 2pm (location to be determined) followed by an afternoon/sunset shoot in the park.
September 21: Sunrise/morning shoot until 10am (possibly later if the light and weather cooperate). Afternoon break. 2pm until sunset in the park photographing autumn color and sunset.
September 22: Sunrise/morning shoot until 10am (possibly later if the light and weather cooperate). Afternoon break. 2pm until sunset in the park photographing autumn color and sunset.
September 23: Sunrise/morning shoot until 10am (possibly later if the light and weather cooperate). Afternoon break. 2pm classroom session until 5pm and then shoot in the park photographing autumn color and sunset. Workshop ends after sunset.
Quality Inn & Suites 49'er
Address: 330 W Pearl Ave, Jackson, WY 83001
- DSLR & back-up body (optional)
- Lenses ranging from 16-300mm
- Sturdy tripod & Head
- Cable Release
- Circular Polarizing Filter
- Solid ND Filter (long exposures)
- Graduated ND Filters, 2 & 3 stop
- Memory card(s) - at least 30 gig's
- Photo backpack
- Lens Wipes
- Laptop computer with Adobe Lightroom & Photoshop
- Pen & Note Pad
- Sturdy hiking boots & water sandals (if needed)
- Warm clothing/hiking apparal
- Outer shell rain gear
- Headlamp or flashlight
- Sunscreen and hat
- We will rent canyoneering gear in Springdale for the Narrows