Columbia River Gorge Photography Workshop
The Columbia River Gorge holds some of most beautiful and lush scenery in North America. Featuring vast hillsides blanketed with beautiful wildflower blooms, the greenest temperate rainforests in the Pacific Northwest, and 115 officially-named waterfalls, the Gorge is an amazing destination to create extraordinary springtime images of wildflowers, rainforests, waterfalls, and streams alike.
Dates: April 27- May 1, 2014
Instructors: Joseph Rossbach & Alex Mody
Moderate. Hiking of 1 mile RT involved to reach most locations. Longest hike 2.5 mile RT.
Recommended Lodging:Cousins Country Inn, Dalles, Oregon - www.cousinscountryinn.com
- Quality, professional, 1-on-1 photography instruction on par with your level as a photographer
- 8 - 10 hours per day of in-field shooting and instruction
- Water and snacks throughout the workshop
- A fun, positive, interactive learning environment
- Small class size of 10 students maximum
Transportation, meals and Lodging are not included in the cost!
- Aperture, Shutter Speed, and ISO
- Metering and getting a correct exposure
- Histograms, how to read them, and how to fine-tune exposure
- Creative depth-of-field effects using aperture control
- White balance and creative coloration
- Creating perspective, depth, and a sense of "being there" in your photos
- Creating powerful compositions with impact
- Composing to control your viewer's attention in your photos
- Compositional Balance, Tension, and Visual Flow
- How to use filters to capture dramatic light or create long-exposure effects
A Digital SLR
Normal Zoom lens
ND Grads, Solid ND's, ect..
Waterproof outer layers
Laptop loaded with Lightroom & Photoshop