Charleston is a beautiful southern city sitting on the coast. Over this workshop we will shoot the Magnolia Plantation, Bald Cypress swamps, ancient Live Oaks draped in moss, the bone yard of skeleton trees on Edisto Island, Folly Beach and old city architecture. As with all of our workshops there will be ample field instruction, classroom critiques, software training and composition and field technique lectures.
Sunday: Meet & Greet, 3 hour classroom session
Monday: Sunrise/Morning Shoot, Afternoon Classroom, Late Afternoon/Sunset Shoot
Tuesday: Sunrise/Morning Shoot, Afternoon Classroom, Late Afternoon/Sunset Shoot
Wednesday: Sunrise/Morning Shoot, Afternoon Classroom, Late Afternoon/Sunset Shoot
Thursday: Sunrise Shoot, workshop ends at 10am
- Expert instruction and guiding in the field
- Informal digital darkroom instructional sessions
- Image critique sessions
- Transportation (Participants are asked to carpool. Due to insurance reasons, we are not able to drive any participants.)
- Lodging, meals & incidental costs
- Digital SLR camera (w/extra batteries and memory cards.)
- Wide to standard zoom lens, with their lens hoods (I carry 14-24mm and 24-70mm lenses)
- Telephoto zoom lens for extraction and abstract scenes (I use a 70-200mm lens)
- Cable or electronic shutter release
- Circular polarizing filter
- Graduated neutral density filters (if you use them.)
- Rocket blower and micro-fiber cloths for keeping glass surfaces dry and clean
- Flashlight or Headlamp
- Rain jacket and pants
- Waterproof hiking boots
- Bag to carry photo gear and extra food/clothing
- Waders or river shoes
- Clothing for comfort anywhere between 35 and 70 degrees Fahrenheit (bring extra socks!)
Dates: March 27-31, 2016
Instructors: Joseph Rossbach
Limit of 10
Rec'd Lodging: Holiday Inn 5264 International Blvd, North Charleston, SC 29418
Phone: (843) 576-0300
Participants may stay anywhere they please in the Charleston area, but we will be meeting each day and having our classroom session at the hotel listed above. We have set up a group rate under the name "Joseph Rossbach Photo Workshops".
Easy to moderate. Little to no elevation gain and short walks to most all photo locations. The hike out to Botany Bay is a round-trip (flat) hike of 2 miles.
Final Payment: The final balance is due and payable 60 days before your workshop departure. Seven days prior to the due date you will receive a reminder email that your final payment is due. If full payment is not received by the 60 day deadline, we will charge the balance to the credit card on file. If you are paying by check be sure to send it before the deadline or your reservation will be subject to cancellation. If you want to pay by Paypal, we will send you an invoice.