Charleston is a beautiful southern city sitting on the coast. Over this workshop we will shoot the Magnolia Plantation, Bald Cypress swamps, ancient Live Oaks draped in moss, the bone yard of skeleton trees on Edisto Island, Folly Beach and old city architecture. As with all of our workshops there will be ample field instruction, classroom critiques, software training and composition and field technique lectures.
- Dates: March 23-26, 2017
- Cost: 1495.00, 200.00 Deposit
- Lodging: Holiday Inn Express, North Charleston
- Instructor: Joseph Rossbach
- Group Size: 10 max, 6 minimum
Day 1. Meet and Greet at the hotel starting at 2pm. 2 hour classroom session focusing on essential techniques such as composition, lighting & equipment.
Day 2: Sunrise/morning filed session. Afternoon classroom session focusing on Adobe Lightroom & Photoshop. Afternoon/sunset field session.
Day 3: Sunrise/morning filed session. Afternoon classroom session focusing on developing students work in the digital darkroom. Afternoon/sunset field session.
Day 4: Sunrise/morning filed session. Afternoon classroom session focusing on image critiques. Afternoon/sunset field session. Workshop ends after sunset.
Most of the locations we have scheduled will be within the ability of anyone who is in moderate shape. Although a short hike will be necessary to arrive at some locations, the trails are not trecherous. A standard liability waiver is included with your booking.
Professional one-on-one instruction in the field, expert digital darkroom instruction and critiquing, hours and hours of shooting, many amazing images!
What's Not Included
Airfare, airport fees and taxes, visa fees, meals and transportation (Participants are asked to carpool. Due to liability reasons, we are not able to transport guests).
Payment and Cancellation Policy
A non-refundable deposit of $200 USD is required to secure a space on this workshop. Final payment is due 90 days before the workshop starts. If you wish to cancel after final payment has been made, our refund policy is stated below:
Between 90 and 30 days: 25% refund (minus your initial deposit)
Less than 30 days and no-shows: 0% refund
If we happen to find another guest to take your place, we will give you a full refund (minus your initial deposit).
- Digital SLR camera (w/extra batteries and memory cards.)
- Wide to standard zoom lens, with their lens hoods (I carry 14-24mm and 24-70mm lenses)
- Telephoto zoom lens for extraction and abstract scenes (I use a 70-200mm lens)
- Cable or electronic shutter release
- Circular polarizing filter
- Graduated neutral density filters (if you use them.)
- Rocket blower and micro-fiber cloths for keeping glass surfaces dry and clean
- Flashlight or Headlamp
- Rain jacket and pants
- Waterproof hiking boots
- Bag to carry photo gear and extra food/clothing
- Waders or river shoes
- Clothing for comfort anywhere between 35 and 70 degrees Fahrenheit (bring extra socks!)