Acadia National Park in Maine quite possibly could be the crown jewel of the east coast. The park features miles of undeveloped rocky coast, towering granite summits with awe inspiring views, myriad lakes and ponds and countless opportunities for intimate forest scenes and quiet harbors. It’s also arguably the east's best fall foliage hot spot. Join us for this 5-day inspiration packed exploration of this magnificent park.
- Dates: October 12-16, 2014
- Instructors: Joseph Rossbach & Kurt Budliger
- Cost: $1295.00USD
- Deposit: $300.00USD
Workshop registration is through Green Mountain Photography Workshops, use the "Workshop Registration" button below to sign up for this workshop.
Easy to Moderate. Most locations are close to roads and parking lots w/ some scrambling down hills to reach streams and rocky beaches.
- Quality, professional, 1-on-1 photography instruction on par with your level as a photographer
- 8 - 10 hours per day of in-field shooting and instruction
- Water and snacks throughout the workshop
- A fun, positive, interactive learning environment
- Small class size of 8 students maximum
Transportation, meals and Lodging are not included in the cost!
- Aperture, Shutter Speed, and ISO
- Metering and getting a correct exposure
- Histograms, how to read them, and how to fine-tune exposure
- Creative depth-of-field effects using aperture control
- White balance and creative coloration
- Creating perspective, depth, and a sense of "being there" in your photos
- Creating powerful compositions with impact
- Composing to control your viewer's attention in your photos
- Compositional Balance, Tension, and Visual Flow
- How to use filters to capture dramatic light or create long-exposure effects
- A Digital SLR
- Sturdy tripod
- Wideangle lens
- Normal Zoom lens
- Circular polariser
- ND Grads, Solid ND's, ect..
- Telephoto lens
- Shutter release
- Lens cloths
- Photo backpack
- Trekking poles
- Waterproof outer layers
- Warm clothes
- Walking boots
- River Sandals
- Laptop loaded with Lightroom & Photoshop